Almost Home Free
| "Almost Home Free" |
(Digimon Tōkyō Daiōdan)
"Digimon, the Great Crossing of Tokyo"
|Airdate|| (Ja:) October 3, 1999|
(En:) December 11, 1999
|Written by||(En:) Ardwight Chamberlain, Jeff Nimoy, Bob Buchholz|
|Animation studio||Toei Animation|
The kids continue their long journey home on the subway, and after completely missing their stop, must think of another way of getting back.
The group decide to travel home on the subway. After a narrow escape from some suspicious members of the public, they all fall asleep, not having slept properly in a while. When they awaken, they find themselves at the end of the line, and decide to have a bite to eat before moving on, incase their Digimon need to digivolve. With no money left, the group attempt hitch-hiking home, ending up with Sora's 'black sheep' cousin,Duane. Koromon makes a mess in the car as it goes over a bridge, causing everyone to pile out of the car, and Sora's cousin loses his temper, knocking Izzy over the bridge. Motimon digivolves in time to save him from one of Myotismon's sea henchmen, Gesomon, and Gomamon digivolves into Ikkakumon to take him on. Gesomon is easily defeated as people watch in bemusement, and Ikkakumon takes the kids home along the river.
 Featured characters
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
 Digimon Analyser
| Technique: Deadly Shade
|Tentomon: "Take a bit of everything nasty that lives underwater, stick it together and that's him."|
 Other notes
 Continuity errors
- When Tentomon saves Izzy from falling in the river, he complains about Izzy having an extra order of chilli fries, when in fact, Izzy was lost with Joe whilst the others were eating (English version only).
 Animation errors
 Dubbing changes
- The reason why Joe blushed in the original episode, after yelling at the others for spending travel money on food, was because his stomach started growling. In other words, he realised he was hungry too.
- When the kids try to hitchhike a ride home, Matt manages to get a seductive looking woman to pull up, much to his embarassment. This bit of the episode is cut out of the english version.
- A shot of Sora and Mimi holding up a sign saying "Take us to Odaiba" was cut from the English dub.
- The person that the kids get a ride with was not originally Sora's cousin, but a complete stranger.
 Digimon references
- This episode briefly shows a building in Tokyo which plays a major part in the third series of Digimon, Digimon Tamers, as the headquarters of the organisation Hypnos (though not in the same world).
 Real-world references
- The kids end up stranded in Shinjuku (which happens to be where the series Digimon Tamers is based).
- At the end of the episode, the kids can be seen approaching Rainbow Bridge, which connects to their home district of Odaiba.
 Miscellaneous trivia
- Tai announces the episode title in the Japanese episode.
- In the English dub, after Yokomon yells at a baby for pulling on her flower, Sora speaks without moving her mouth.
- This is the first time pink Digimon sludge has been referred to as poo in the English dub. In the past, it was labelled as simply being sludge.
|Episodes of Digimon Adventure|
|01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26|